Eric Zeman / Android Authority
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Series Update Hub! Here you will find all the latest information regarding the software update for the latest flagship foldable phone from Samsung. We will let you know the current software version of the device and notify you when new updates are released.
You can expect the Galaxy Z Fold 3 to receive four major Android upgrades, which include Android 12, Android 13, Android 14 and Android 15. Samsung also guarantees that the Galaxy Z Fold 3 will receive at least five years of security updates.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Galaxy Z Fold 3 get Android 13? December/January 2023 (Expected)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Updates
September 6, 2022: The Galaxy Z Fold 3 has started receiving the new Android 12L update in South Korea. Samsung has already promised that the update will soon be available in all markets, so it might not take long to get it. According to sammobileThe firmware is numbered F926NKSU1DVH9 and has One UI version 4.1.
You can check for updates manually by tapping Settings > Software Update > Download and Install,
- August 3, 2022: Galaxy Z Fold 3 customers have received a new update with firmware version F926BXXU1CVG8. To sammobileThe update weighed in around 440MB with the August 2022 security patch.
- 7 July 2022: Galaxy Z Fold 3 gets July 2022 Android security patch (via) sammobile) The updated firmware version arrives as F926U1UES1DVEG. No other new features were added with the update.
- June 17, 2022: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 is now getting a new update (via) xda-developers) it’s a big one that includes eSIM support (finally) as well as some new camera features.
- April 11, 2022: The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 is now receiving the April 2022 Android security patch. To sammobile, this is an important one, which includes a fix for the “Dirty Pipe” exploit. Although the Galaxy Z Fold 3 shouldn’t have been susceptible to this exploit anyway, it’s certainly good to know that everything is secure.
- January 31, 2022: On the eve of the new month, Samsung is rolling out yet another update for the Galaxy Z Fold 3. Per sammobileOf course, this one is big, too, coming in at over 1.1GB. Along with “overall stability” improvements, firmware version F926BXXU1BVA9 includes several stock app updates from PenUp to Samsung Internet.
- January 14, 2022: Galaxy Z Fold 3 received the January 2022 security update with firmware F926BXXS1BUL8. The update fixed over 60 security issues issued by Samsung and Google.
- December 7, 2021: Samsung rolls out Android 12-based One UI 4 for foldables. The rollout of the patch began in South Korea.
- November 4, 2021: Samsung rolled out the November 2021 update for Galaxy Z Fold 3 devices in South Korea and some global markets. To sammobileThe update packs firmware version F926BXXS1AUJB for those in Europe and F926NKSU1AUJ7 in South Korea. Despite the firmware naming discrepancies, both patches included the November security patch from Google and several additional security fixes from Samsung.
- 21 October 2021: An update for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 has been rolled out across Europe with firmware version F926BXXU1AUJ7. The update included the October 2021 Android security patch, a list of Samsung-specific security patches, and a new Portrait Mode for the Pets feature.
Tell us which Galaxy Z Fold 3 update you’re rocking in the comments. Plus, if you’ve noticed a recent update that we missed, feel free to tip us!