Eric Zeman / Android Authority
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Series Update Hub! Here you will find all the latest information on software updates for Samsung’s latest clamshell foldable phone. We will let you know the current software version of the device and notify you when new updates are released.
You can expect the Galaxy Z Flip 3 to receive four major Android upgrades including Android 12, Android 13, Android 14 and Android 15. Samsung also guarantees that the Galaxy Z Flip 3 will receive at least five years of security updates.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Galaxy Z Flip 3 get Android 13? December/January 2023 (Expected)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Updates
September 6, 2022: The Galaxy Z Flip 3 is getting the latest Android 12L update as promised by Samsung. To sammy fan, firmware number F711NKSU2DVH9 is currently running in South Korea. It should reach other markets soon. The installation package is 1396.18MB in size and also contains the August security patch.
You can check for updates manually by going to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install on your phone.
- 2 August 2022: Galaxy Z Flip 3 gets August 2022 security patch just in time, according to sammobile, The updated firmware landed with version number F711BXXU2CVG8.
- 6 July 2022: Samsung’s third-generation clamshell foldable receives July 2022 security patch (via) sammobile) This update bore the firmware version F711U1TBS2DVEG and the previously hit unlocked US model.
- June 17, 2022: Just a week after its most recent update, the Galaxy Z Flip 3 is getting a second June 2022 update (via) xda-developers) This new software comes as F711U1UEU2DVEE for the unlocked model and F711USQU2DVEE for the T-Mobile variant. Notably, the update includes eSIM support, a feature that the phone didn’t have until now.
- 10 June 2022: Samsung is now rolling out Latest information For Galaxy Z Flip 3 which brings new camera features to the phone. The size of the OTA is 1.1GB and it comes with the firmware version F711BXXU2CVEB. It adds an auto framing option for video calls, the ability to use Samsung’s customizations and effects in social media apps, telephoto lens support in Pro mode, and more. Notably, all these features have been ported from the Galaxy S22 series.
- 3 May 2022: Samsung releases May 2022 update for Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 in the US (via) sammobileThe update addressed dozens of privacy and security issues, in addition to providing general bug fixes and stability improvements.
- April 11, 2022: Samsung is now rolling out the latest Android security patch for the Galaxy Z Flip 3 (via) sammobile) The April 2022 patch also contains a fix for the “Dirty Pipe” exploit. Thankfully, the Galaxy Z Flip 3 was never susceptible to exploits, but it’s good to have the patch either way.
- October 20, 2021: Samsung is now pushing the latest Galaxy Z Flip update to markets outside the US. According to sammobileFirmware version F711BXXU2AUJ7 brings the October 2021 security patch to the device, as well as a long list of additional patches from Samsung.
- September 6, 2021: Firmware version F711BXXU2AUI1 Samsung’s new flip phone brings the September 2021 Android security patch.
Tell us which Galaxy Z Flip 3 update you’re getting in the comments. Plus, if you’ve noticed a recent update that we missed, feel free to tip us!