Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S21 Update Hub. Here you will find the latest updates on the Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus and Galaxy S21 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if a new update is rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates throughout the series, but this can vary per version and by carrier.
All three phones of the Galaxy S21 series were launched with Android 11 and Samsung’s One UI 3.1 skin. Samsung will roll out three major Android OS updates for the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra. The company also guarantees four years of security updates for all devices.
- current stable version: android 12
- When will the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra get Android 13? December 2022 (estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra Updates
September 7, 2022: Samsung is coming with the September 2022 security patch for the Galaxy S21 series. sammy fan reports that the update is rolling out in Germany and the firmware versions are G991BXXS5CVHI, G996BXXS5CVHI, and G998BXXS5CVHI.
There is no information on whether the update will land in other markets yet, but it will likely spread across the world in the coming days. To check if the update is available for your device, go to Settings> software Update and tap Download and install,
Previous articleSamsung Galaxy S21 series update
- August 29, 2022: Samsung brought a camera-focused update of the Galaxy S22 to the S21 series. Samsung’s community The forums confirmed that the update landed in Korea and Germany with firmware versions G99xNKSU3CVH7 and G99xBXXU5CVH7.
- July 28, 2022: Samsung has rolled out the August security patch for the Galaxy S21 series with firmware version G99xBXXU5CVGB.
- May 31, 2022: Samsung rolls out June 2022 Android security patch for Galaxy S21 devices (per.) sammobile) OTA has firmware version G998BXXU5CVEB and it doesn’t seem that any other new features have been added to the S21 trio.
- 2 May 2022: Samsung rolls out May 2022 Android security patch for Galaxy S21 devices (per.) sammobile) OTA firmware version G991BXXU5CVDD and does not bring any new features to the S21 trio.
- April 4, 2022: Samsung sent out April 2022 Android security patch for Galaxy S21 devices (per.) sammobile) The update first appeared in Germany, followed by other regions. It brought nothing but security patches and some bug fixes.
- March 16, 2022: Samsung quietly rolling out One UI 4.1 update for Galaxy S21 series phones in Canada Tizen Support And Samsung Canada Community Member.
- February 16, 2022: The Korean brand has reportedly pushed the February 2022 security update for the Galaxy S21 series. sammobile Reportedly, the update (firmware version G99xBXXS4BVA8) has affected Egypt and Nigeria for now, but more countries are expected to receive it in the coming days.
- 6 January 2022Samsung pushed the January 2022 security update to its current range-topping series. To sammobileThe update brought firmware version G99xBXXU4BULF and some stability improvements.
- December 8, 2021: Samsung rolled out the third One UI 4 update with firmware G99xBXXS3BUL1. The package includes the December 2021 security patch, according to sammobile,
- November 23, 2021Samsung started the rollout of One UI 4 based on Android 12 for the Galaxy S21 series this month. However, the update, unfortunately, had the very annoying habit of dropping the display refresh rate to 60Hz the second you took your finger off the display. Now, Peru xda-developersSamsung has both acknowledged the problem and released a slightly modified update that addresses the issue. However, apart from this improvement, there isn’t much else to update.
- October 25, 2021Samsung is rolling out the November 2021 security update for its flagship devices long before the new month. To sammobile, Firmware version G99xBXXS3AUJ7 is landing on users’ devices in Germany. according to a screenshot changelogHowever, there isn’t much to stop the general security and stability improvements.
- 14 October 2021: The October 2021 patch landed in the US with firmware versions G99xUSQS4AUIN and G99xU1UES4AUIN.
Which Samsung Galaxy S21 update are you running? Tell us in the comments. Also, if you see any OTAs that we haven’t seen, do notify us!
If you’re looking for any other updates, be sure to visit our Android 12 update tracker.