Along with the Redmi 11 Prime series, Redmi also launched the company’s latest budget smartphone Redmi A1 in India, as promised. The phone flaunts a 6.52-inch HD+ LCD screen, is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 SoC and has 2GB of RAM.
Instead of MIUI, the phone runs stock Android 12 Go version and supports 20+ languages including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali and more. It has an 8MP rear camera with a second day depth sensor, a 5MP front camera, has a leather-like design and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 10W charging.
Redmi A1 Specifications
- 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio display, 400 nits brightness, scratch resistant glass
- 2GHz quad-core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB LPDDR4X RAM, 32GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 12 Go Edition
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, depth sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Splash Resistant (P2i Coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, top-ported loudspeaker, FM radio
- Dimensions: 164.9x 76.75x 9.09 mm; Weight: 192g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
Pricing and Availability
The Redmi A1 comes in Light Blue, Classic Black and Light Green colours, priced at Rs. 6499 for the single 2GB + 32GB model and will be available from Amazon.inmi.com, Mi Home Store and offline stores are available starting September 9 at 4PM.