David Email / Android Authority
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Update Hub. Here you will find the latest updates on Samsung’s budget flagships. We’ll detail the current software versions of the device and alert you if a new update is rolling out. Samsung usually rolls out One UI updates regularly, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will Samsung Galaxy S20 FE get Android 13? March 2023 (Expected)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Updates
September 7, 2022: Samsung has now pushed the September 2022 security patch for the Galaxy S20 FE 5G. The update has firmware version number G781BXXU4FVI1 and is landing in Europe right now, according to Sammobile,
Nothing has been said about the Galaxy S20 FE 4G yet, but we’re guessing it will arrive in the coming days. To check if an update is available on your Galaxy S20 FE, go here Adjustment , software update,
Previous articleSamsung Galaxy S20 FE Update
- 7 July 2022: samsung pushed out July 2022 security patch for Galaxy S20 FE devices. The update was reportedly pushed to both 4G and 5G models and had firmware versions G780GXXS3CVF3 and G781BXXS4FVF3. The update first landed in Europe, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam.
- June 14, 2022: Various Galaxy S20 FE Models started Receiving the June 2022 security patch. The 4G model in particular received firmware version G780GXXU3CVE7 in Australia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam.
- 12 May 2022: Samsung has started Carrier-Unlocked in the US is rolling out the May 2022 security update for Galaxy S20 FE devices. The software bears the firmware version G781U1UES7EVD4.
- 12 April 2022: Samsung is now to roll April 2022 security patch for Galaxy S20 FE in some markets. The latest software reportedly comes with firmware version G780GXXS3CVC4 and includes fixes for over 80 security issues. It is currently rolling out to Galaxy S20 FE devices in Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam. However, other regions should also see OTAs soon.
- March 24, 2022: samsung roll With a fix for the One UI 4.1 game throttling issue and March 2022 security patch for the Galaxy S20 FE. The updates include a new Smart Widget feature, expanded RAM plus functions, Night Mode for Portrait and more.
- February 23, 2022: Both Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and S20 FE 5G Received February security patch with firmware version G780GXXS3BVB3 for the regular model and G781BXXS4DVB1 for the 5G version.
- 2 February 2022: A few weeks after European countries welcomed the January 2022 security patch, the US also gained access to them. To SammobileCarrier-locked versions of the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE received the January security patch with firmware version G781USQS6EVA9.
- January 19, 2022: Samsung has rolled out a new update for the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G variant. According to SammobileSeveral European countries received firmware version G781BXXS4DVA2, which included the January 2022 security patch.
- December 28, 2021: Samsung surprisingly kicked off the early rollout of Android 12-based One UI 4 for its affordable flagships.
- December 23, 2021: Samsung rolled out the December 2021 security update for Galaxy S20 FE devices in Spain. According to sammobile, the updated firmware version brought G781BXXS4CUL3 and included patches for more than 40 vulnerabilities, seven of which were flagged as critical. However, the update was a bit buggy on the new features.
- 4 October 2021Samsung rolled out the October 2021 security patch with firmware G781BXXS4CUI1.
If you see an update that we haven’t seen, let us know! Are you looking for another update? Be sure to visit our Android 12 update tracker.